Click photo for Number One's Stats

A clutch hitter and a clutch fielder, Bobby Doerr could bunt and hit anywhere in the batting order, leading in the rbi column when he was forced to retire....

Thursday 3 May 2012

hitting for the cycle

When I was young this might show you just how far in the tank for Bobby Doerr I really was. When Bobby hit for the cycle, his second time, I assumed he had hit four home runs because his face drawing came on the tv screen in white cartoon style after his fourth at bat which was a home run. I did not know about cycles so I thought it was four home runs instead of four hits each to a different base. Televisions then were black and white and installed in someone else's house. Don't forget when I grew up I bet a whole quarter in the tenth grade he would get five hits in the next day's game and he only got four. Even then it was a long time before I eventually found out instead of four home runs it was really his second time hitting for the cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your response. . . .